What is brow and lash tinting?
There are lots of ways to change the look of your eyebrows–tweezing, waxing, shaping, etc.–and ways to enhance your lashes–mascara, lash curlers, primer, etc. But what the heck is brow and lash tinting? Simply put, brow and eyelash tinting uses semi-permanent vegetable dye to add color, shape, and thickness to dull eyebrows and lashes in need of some new life.
Is it safe to tint your lashes and brows?
Customers who are interested in the brow and lash tinting procedures often wonder whether they’re safe. The short answer is yes, as long as it’s done by “a well-trained and highly experienced esthetician or hair colorist.”
Side effects of brow and lash tinting can include:
- granulomas–or small areas of inflamed tissue
- contact dermatitis–also known as a rash
- Eye infection
It’s important to note that eyebrow tinting is illegal in Massachusetts, and the FDA has not approved any dyes for eyelash tinting or eyebrow tinting. It’s highly recommended that you skip out on buying the “DIY” or “at home” brow and lash dyeing products, as they could cause a severe chemical reaction. It’s best to leave the procedures to professionals.
How does eyelash tinting work?
Eyelash tinting gives added definition and makes mascara unnecessary until the tinted eyelashes fall out and new ones grow in. Usually, that takes about four to six weeks. Here’s how it’s done:
- The esthetician applies a protective cream under the eyes to make sure your skin doesn’t stain.
- A cotton curvy pad is placed on top of the cream.
- You shut your eyes.
- The esthetician applies the tint to your eyelashes using a fine brush.
- The lashes have to “set” for at least 10 minutes.
What are the benefits of eyelash tinting?
It’s a quick and inexpensive process. Experts say it takes about 15 minutes to tint your eyelashes, and it costs a nominal fee for weeks of added definition.
- It’s great for summer when you want to hop in the pool or the ocean but you don want your mascara to run. Tinted eyelashes won’t run while you’re in the water.
- For light-colored or graying eyelashes, this procedure is a quick fix to darken your lashes and make them bolder.
How does eyebrow tinting work?
Eyebrow tinting helps people with“barely there” brows to achieve a bolder look that can redefine their whole face. Eyebrow tinting typically lasts between six and eight weeks. When hair falls out, so does the tint. Here’s how it’s done:
- The esthetician will protect your eye with either an eye patch or pad and apply a protective cream around the brows.
- A cotton applicator dipped in the dye will be used to apply the solution to the eyebrows.
- After the solution dries, the excess solution will be washed away using soap and water.
So, now that you know all about brow and lash tinting, you know the pros, the cons, and the risks. Don’t try it at home. Trust the professionals at Aesthetic–Facial and Body Rejuvenation to help you achieve the brows and lashes you want
What’s my next step?
Your first step is your skincare consultation. Here, one of our skincare professionals will review your health and skin evaluations. This is an excellent time to voice any concerns and what you are hoping to gain from your treatment. This may be a single approach or may include several different treatments at once. Call Aesthetic–Facial and Body Rejuvenation and get started on the journey to the best you that you can be.